We're excited to announce a new project! (And we need your help.)
Mission: Unbeatable Mom
Here's the scoop: do you know a mom who is experiencing a tough time – and who remains unstoppable in the face of adversity or challenge?
Being a mom is tough enough when things are going relatively smoothly (when your biggest problems are your kids throwing tantrums in produce, refusing to go to bed, or failing a math test). But when life throws you a flaming, spiked curveball and you've got no choice but to smile, soldier on, and catch it – because that's what moms do – things are even harder.
We know there are moms out there who are doing this every day, and we want to honor them, make them smile, and give them a big hug.
Tell us who inspires you.
We're on a mission to give Unbeatable Moms an extra bit of sunshine. Together, we'll raise money to send your heroine on a one-day adventure of her choosing, whether it's a mani-pedi and lunch with friends, a day at an amusement park, or wine tasting and a walk on the beach.
Here's how it works:
· * You nominate a mom who could use a boost.
· * We feature her in a blog post right here.
· * We gather intel about her "perfect day," and begin planning it.
· * We create an account dedicated to her at you caring.com. 90% of the money raised goes to your heroine's perfect day and 10% goes to a charity of her choice.
· * We promote the fundraising through our blog and social networking channels, and we ask you and your heroine to spread the word as well (don't worry – we make it all easy on you – we give you pre-written copy you can personalize and send out!).
· * Once we've raised the money necessary to give your heroine a delightful one-day adventure, we set it up. We take care of all the details.
· * We document the adventure and write a follow-up post on the blog, to share with our readers (and your friends).
If you know of an Unbeatable Mom, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
We can't wait to hear from you.
Let's go! It's time to spread the love.
We're launching tomorrow, so be sure to stay tuned to the blog.